Digital tools to aid the integration and professional sucess of AMU high-level athletes
Project acronym: eFSP-SHN
Topics: sport, socio-professional insertion, pedagogical support, education, educational digital tools
Disciplinary fields: technology for human learning, STAPS, all departments of the university
Summary: High-level athletes (HLA) must attain both sporting success and socio-professional insertion, but the combination remains a major concern for the sports community. Despite the implementation of several tools to assist them, very few athletes are enrolled at the university. Moreover, the considerable constraints they face tend to contribute to failure and early drop-out rates. The purpose of the present project is to promote academic sucess among active HLA without hampering sporting sucess, in order to facilitate their professional reconversion. Two axes will be covered through the development of computing tools:
– The needs of HLA enrolled in initial training at AMU will be adressed
– A university certificate (CU) will be created which is adapted to the constraints of HLA who may be failing their courses, or effecting a career change, and also for HLA who are not currently enrolled at AMU.
A digital platform will be the cornerstone of these two axes. It should be considered as a real pedagogical support. Il will consist of a web server and a smartphone application where students can access:
– All teaching supports either live or as replays
– Teaching files and assessment tools
– A communication platform linking them with other HLA and their different teachers.
Project interlocutor: Jérôme Laurin, Institut des Sciences du Mouvement, ISM (UMR 7287 )
Project duration: 10/01/2018 – 10/31/2020
Call for proposal: Académie d’Excellence 2017